Monday, 10 December 2012

Wessex Wonderland

The weekend saw us head West for a meet up with my folks, a little pre-Christmas jolly and gift exchange.  We were not let down and the sun shone bright against a stunning blue sky as we mooched around Bridport.

This has become a little yearly ritual for us now.  Father Christmas was present on the Rotary Club float.  Sadly, I think the Munchkin is now a little too old to invest the same meaning in this as he used to, if you get my drift, but was not averse to posing for the annual photo and taking a chocolate in return for a donation.  Each year, he gets closer to the top of the float!




This scene always plays out on the second Saturday of the month,when there is also a farmers' market in the town.  This time, it seemed extra festive.




Wandering round with a hot mulled cider was a treat.




After a good look round the street market and picking up some thrifty goodies, we headed off for the moochy area around St Michaels.






After a lovely day, we headed back via another local town which as the sky turned dimpsy, was also looking very pretty.


I love this nativity scene which is arranged every year at the town hall.


Back at our cosy cottage, is was time to get on with some festive decorating.  Mr HenHouse is always in charge of the lights.


It was soon looking like a sweet little grotto and time for a celebration.


Cheers!

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend you had!! Love those vintage chairs hanging on the wall! So sweet you are!!! Have a great week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. The serial this week on Womans Hour is set in Bridders- I noted the seagull noise in the background!Lucky with the weather. St Michaels is good mooching territory isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I used to live mid-way between those two towns, I know the cider people, lovely people and scrummy cider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny I thought I spotted the Munchkin at Shepton but he was with an'older chap' I didn't recognise as Mr Hen. Besides I was in a flurry of critters and suitcases!
    My Kleen Kitchen Ware collection started about 16 years ago and is huge! I thought I'd blogged it but just had a look and can't see it. There is a little picture of a little bit of it on my side bar and if you look carefully it's on the shelves in the old house post a few weeks ago. At he moment it's packed away until I get a nice kitchen to show it off in... maybe next year...
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend a weekend. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks so Christmassy..And yes Iam a bubbly girl too!! lovely
    Warm winter wishes
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and nice weekend for you in your cozy cottage! I would have loved to have that huge candle stand! It looks like it came out of a church!
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jumper!!! I'm SO pleased to see you wearing it - a really lovely snap! Looks like you had a wonderful festive weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely festive weekend. Loving your new jumper :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the sort of weekend to get you in the festive mood perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog!
    And love the way you celebrate...Cheers.

    Have a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you all had a fabulous weekend! (The jumper is lovely - but so are those grey trousers - definitely covetable)

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X