Friday, 25 May 2012

Made in England


Well it's time to get packing after an industrious week.  Tomorrow the boys and I are off to Chipping Sodbury for what promises to be another super Vintage and Handmade Fair.   I seem not to have taken a photo of my mock up stall in its entirety, oops.  I blame the heat (or the rose wine I've had to drink to keep hydrated, you know how it is).


One of the Fair's organisers, Jayne, has written up a nice piece about the Fair and the town of Chipping Sodbury.  We hope to see lots of familiar faces and welcome new ones, too.


So now I can relax, well once the car is packed up, but I'll leave that in the capable hands of Mr HH once he gets home later.    Coming with us is a large collection of entirely handmade brooches, I love to make these and was sewing a few up on the train yesterday to and from the Chelsea Flower Show which drew many enquiring glances!  My latest creation are these, in honour of the Jubilee next weekend but let's be honest, the Union Jack is fabulous all the time.


More Union Jack fever in the form of these lavender-filled hearts, fashioned from vintage blue floral fabric.


It's officially the season of wonderful Summer weddings and garden parties.  Every well-turned out lady needs a unique bag made with yummy 1950's fabrics to be the belle of the ball.


A few patchworked book covers have been run up, some with Cath K ditsy florals and others with Liberty Tana lawn, which I think are particularly gorgeous (if you don't mind me saying so, but then it's hard to go wrong with LTN).


Cushions, well I don't know about the good folks of Chipping Sodbury and beyond, but I can never get enough of them.  Here the Union Jack has a new twist with a central panel of lovely vintage embroidered linen.


It wouldn't be Summer without some bunting flapping in the breeze.  Here's some that will be perfect all Summer long, not least next weekend's Jubilee celebrations.  I've used pretty fabrics in red, white and blue: florals, polka dots and vintage stripes.  


Lest I forget, some more vintage embroidered linen with a gorgeous butterfly motif was begging me to be combined with my precious "buttercup" fabric range.  Ooooh pretty!





Finally, thank you for the lampshade love in my last post.  I've indulged my continuing obsession by running up a few for the Fair.




The HenHouse gang hope to see you between 10am and 4pm in Chipping Sodbury tomorrow and otherwise, wish you all a super weekend whatever you may get up to.  Long may the sunshine last!

20 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend Hen- super things for your stall:particularly love the cushions ( and everything else is pretty damn wonderful too). Your stall should sell out. Know what you mean about the heat though- been spending too much time today trying to remember where I've put things- brain quite broiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Hen! What scrumptious goodies you are taking with you!
    Hope the fair is a great success,looks like the weather couldn't be better for it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what a lovely bunch of things you've made - and all very patriotic! I particularly like the union jack cushions with the hearts in the middle, and the lampshades are pretty gorgeous too! Hope you have a good weekend and get lots of people visiting your stall :) Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've made your bunting, sewn and pinked. So much quicker than turning & pressing. Will try to run some up over the weekend - I'm inspired, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the beautiful fabrics you use...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stuff! Wish I lived near Chipping Sodbury, sounds a fab day out ... Am sure it'll be a sell-out! Have a lovely weekend

    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, i wish I could be there and buy one of those lovely
    things you made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a nice full stall you'll have and everything is magically wonderful! I would give anything to be able to attend this event and buy something from you. Hugs from Oregon, USA.. Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Say.. I was wondering, if you monitor comments, do you also need the word verification? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of lovelies, I adore the bunting. Am currently partaking of some Chardonnay (for hydration purposes of course). Looking forward to catching up with you. See you in the morning.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh what gorgeous things Hen! I LoVe the bunting too! Wish I lived closer, have fun!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stuff Hen! I wish I could go. I'm rather fond of the Union Jack. It's more versatile than our flag for crafting and whatnot. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun at the fair, Hen, and best wishes on having lots of fair going folks finding your creations as lovely as I know they are. The Union Jack motif is a beauty, and can be adapted to so many media. Over here, artist Jasper Johns certainly recognized the potential for our own flag.

    Wish I could be there in Chipping Sodbury, but must be tending our own shop here in New York.

    As always, bravo also to Mr HH for his invaluable contributions.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely goodies for the fair - wish I could go too :( My favourite are the patchwork notebooks xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Hen what a wonderful post!! How I wish I lived near Chipping Sudbury and could come and see it in the 'flesh'. Your goods are delightful and it's perhaps a good thing I'm miles away I'd be spent up after leaving the fair. I do hope you've all had a great time. Are you decorating your home or cottage for the Jubilee, it would make a fabulous post to see your vintage decorations around.

    Peg x

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The felt brooches are amazing, I love the little flower-pot.

    Penny Dreadful Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm way behind with my blog reading so I'm catching up.

    Your trip on the Bluebell line looked wonderful, and you were very glamorous indeed!

    I loved your lamp makeovers, the pink based one with the flowery shade is very striking.
    The other lampshades you've made are lovely too, they remind me of vintage hats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you had a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just catching up with posts after a weekend entirely spent in the garden, really hope that the fair went well, all your makes look beautiful, but especially love your union jack cushions.

    Have a lovely sunny week.
    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X