Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Under Construction

Well, I'm not sure whether I'm coming or going this week but one thing's for sure, it's a happy feeling all the same. My sister has been with me for the week so there has been much crafty nattering and moochy outings and now this week, it's foot to the pedal at the sewing machine. How can I not be happy when I am surrounded by such lovely vintage and handmade goodness?






Yes, if it has escaped your attention, as it surely shouldn't have, this Saturday is the next super, spiffing and splendid Vintage and Handmade Fair in Chipping Sodbury. Here, yours truly shall have a stall peddling her wares, along with my accomplices, Mr HenHouse and Master Munchkin, not forgetting many other very talented makers and vintage vendors (at least their wares are vintage, even if they are not).







Today I have attacked my vintage stash and embroidered cloths and have been merrily patchworking away on some cushion covers. This one has a bluey purpley theme...






While this one, still being sewn together, has a pretty sugary pastel theme, all my fave colours.






There have been more crazy hearts, filled with delicious Provencal lavender.






To prove that I really have been patchworking like mad, you can see I needed to buy a new ruler and handle as the others broke, and whilst we were in Lewes last week, I thought I should treat myself to a new pink cutting mat. Well, it would have been rude not to.







Also in Lewes, sister/partner-in-crime and I spotted this extremely cute number.







Yes, we lugged it all the way round Lewes and all the way back on the train and I've loved giving it a pretty makeover. Just right for a special little lady to find under the tree on Christmas morning?






The vintage crib has received a new influx of bunny teds who are jostling for space with the owls...







There are also a few more brooches, a new design using vintage quilt patches teamed with my fave little felty flowers and a touch of hand embroidery.






Oh, if only my "to do" list was looking a little shorter and if only when I crossed one thing off, I didn't think of something else to add? Know the feeling?


Much better to be like Vorey and take advantage of the piece of foam abandoned under the ironing board?

What? Sleep in that nice basket with a cushion in it and a crocheted blanket? When I can have this chopped-into-curled-up piece of foam?






It's all far too much for Charlie Boy who is having to block out the daylight with his furry paw to take a cat nap!






As you can see from the calendar, I'm stuck back on the twelth! If only.


I hope to be back before the end of the week to show you the other goodies I am working on and (fingers crossed) hope to have finished. Hope you are having a good week. Now where did I put that paint brush?

19 comments:

  1. Snap! My sister and I were shopping in Lewes last week! What a sweet little cot you found.Someone is going to be squealing with delight on Xmas morning.Hope you catch up with all the things you want to do. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see you on Saturday! I'm really looking forward to it!
    Love you pretty brooches
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pink cutting mat. What shop did you get it from? Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful patchwork, love the crib, hope the fair goes well.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your makes, the crib is so pretty!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness Hen! I am in awe of your speed and skill.Lovely stuff and as for the pink cutting mat- so much nicer than the that rather depressing dull green, especially on dark dank days like today!Hope the fair goes well for you- it really should,your things are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Hen,

    Another lovely post!
    The crib is so sweet, lucky little bean who opens that on Christmas day!

    I braved the city centre today......yikes...busy!

    But worth it to see the lovely Christmas shop windows! AND of course.....Cath's! Just done a new post!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just where do you find the time and energy for all of that? You make me tired just watching you. Have a marvellous time at the fair, I hope it goes splendidly for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous makes :o)
    I particularly like the picture of your bluey purpley theme cushion cover sitting on your arm chair. It's just so pretty -a feast for the eyes :o)

    And looking at your love hearts has reminded me of a book I borrowed out of the library just this afternoon! It's called 'Iris Quilting' by Maruscha Gaasenbeek. It's kind of a log patterny design, with a difference :o
    )
    But honest to goodness, your hearts are prettier than the ones in the book! :o)

    Have a great week with your sewing Hen,
    Take care,
    Love Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous pictures it's like looking at soft candy.Love the cats, don't they go well with quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always look forward to reading your post. What a wonderful life you must lead with all those beautiful things around you, and what's more, being the creator of them. I hope your stall goes successfully. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, love those bunnies. You look like you've been really busy. Hope the fair goes well, looks like it's a really good one.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Hen-ny goodies for the fair!

    See you on Saturday.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pink cutting mat? Who knew?!!!

    Can't wait to see you all and your lovely wares on Saturday. Safe journey sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope its a successful weekend, and that you make lots of pennies to spend on more lovely vintage finds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boy I wish I was close enough to attend your show.. I'd be so in heaven. I love all the vintage fabrics in this post and got such a kick out of the kitty who chose the wrong place to curl up. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOW SWEET LOVE THE TINY BABY CRIB..I HAD ONE BUT SOMEHOW IT GOT LOST IN THE STORAGE AND MOVING...LOVE ALL THE THINGS THAT YOU MADE. CHARLIE BOY REMINDS ME OF OUR SPRINKLEZS SHE LIKES TO SLEEP THE SAME WAY...SOMETIMES SHE ROLLS ACROSS THE FLOOR SHE IS CHUBBY AND WE WONDER HOW SHE DOES IT BUT SHE DOES ALL THE TIME...AND HER AND ISABELLA LOVE TO SNOP IN THE SHOPPING BAGS ALL THE TIME SPRINKLESZ SOMETIMES TRIES TO GET IN MY HANDBAGS BUT SHE IS TOO CHUBBY LOL GREAT POST THANK YOU ....

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooh, you'll be at the fair tomorrow!! I might finally get to meet you in person! .... and buy lots of lovely goodies too!

    Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi Hen, is that your lovely dresser I spy in my oh-so pretty Homes and Antiques calendar??? lovely photo if it is.
    I adore seeing your kitties,they do seem to find peculiar places to sleep sometimes, Daisy likes to sleep on the top of upright books or files of magazines... bonkers, oh I do miss having four of them around.
    Have fun at the fair tomorrow, your makes are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X