Monday, 25 August 2008

Adieu...

We're off to the West Country tomorrow for a little break before school starts again. Unfortunately, we have not indulged in modern conveniences  such as a 'phone line down in our little patch in the country so whilst I'll be trying to keep up with everyone else's blogs via the modern wonder that is the iphone (this is v optimistic, I am not technologically minded and the mobile signal is poor), I won't be able to post here for a bit.  Crikey, it's like cutting off my right arm!  Hopefully, I'll be back with all sorts of thrifty and adventurous tales next week.
In the meantime, here's praying for sunshine.  Enjoy the rest of August, my fellow bloggers...

Hen x


4 comments:

  1. Have a nice break Hen..look forward to seeing what you get up to! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that you will have a lovely holiday and that the sun will be be in good supply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hen, I hope you have a lovely relaxing time in the West Country. Just to let you know I popped along to Rolls and Rems as you recommended today and they were awesome! So many good bargains in their bargain bin!! The man behind the desk let me into a little secret - apparently Wednesday morning is when the bargain bins are restocked and they have fabrics worth hundreds of pounds reduced to almost nothing wowey! They were so friendly in there and really tolerated my 'not so bright' questions and the price for nearly everything was half that at Cloth house - so a big thankyou! I am just wondering if I could ask you for one more piece of advice - how do you prewash your fabrics? I never really have before as I dont make clothes but am now thinking some of them look like they need a clean. I'm just a bit worried as I've heard they can become very frayed and I don't want to ruin them. At the same time I don't have the time to sew up all the sides before washing as I have quite a few fabrics now...any advice would be appreciated (after your holiday of course!) Thankyou Becky :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the dull and rainy West Country....LOL !
    Hope you have a great time ;-)

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X