Sunday, 27 July 2008

Baby Quilts and High Tea

Saturday was a day of domesticity.  I found myself alone in the house for the first time in ages and eagerly pounced upon my sewing machine.  I've had the material here for a while, waiting to make a little cot quilt for my friends' new baby.  I followed the directions in Joelle Henderson's "Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts" book to make this "quick and easy" quilt.  It lived up to its name and was pleasurable to make.  I'm pleased with the result.




The rest of the day was spent in a whirr of baking for Andy's parents who visited on Sunday.  I made some trusty favourites: scones, chocolate chip shortbread and for the first time, a Dundee cake.  (The recipe was from the WI book of baking and it worked very well.)  It was so hot here over the weekend that the butter started melting in super-quick time. I made some sausage rolls and a quiche and used the left over bits of pastry for some jam tarts.  They always remind me of childhood, Andy says the same thing, and Harry really loves them (and anything else that involves jam)!  I love "high tea", it seems so civilised...



I bought the tablecloth from the RSPCA charity shop in Bridport on our last visit.  A bargain at £2.50 and hopefully, the proceeds shall be helping some deserving animals.

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend too...

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog via flickr... it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

You are warmly encouraged to leave a comment here. Your comments are emailed directly to me so rest assured I read and treasure every one. Thank you for supporting my blog with your comment. X